The dimensions I used were to make the body out of 9” wide fabric instead of 16”, which seems to be just the right amount of ease for her little body. Additionally, I changed the fixed measurements in the pattern of 4” for drafting the depth of the neckline and the height of the sleeve to 2”. I chose that because the rest of Adelle’s measurements seemed to be half of mine, so it seemed appropriate to halve that one as well. I did, however, put in a 3” hem instead of a ½”, so that as she grows, I can let it down as needed. I did not set the hem of the sleeve on a selvedge as I did on my own since this was recycled fabric and had no selvedge. I followed the same steps as for my own, except I machine stitched everything to save time. I remembered to stich only to the stitching line for the flatfelling under the arm, but I did not think to hem the sleeve before seaming. Because the angle at the sleeve edge is not 90 degrees, I then had to unpick my seam there to hem it, and restitch it after.
It was a nice quick project, and she is delighted to be wearing it. She would not stand still for pictures, however, being much too squirmy and wanting to be a ham. She now doesn’t want to put her skirt and shirt back on, wanting instead to prance around in her shift, which is over her pajama leggings and a tank top that I put on her for extra warmth layers when we dressed her this morning. I did manage to get a couple of pictures that weren’t horribly blurry. Definitely a success. The dress, that is, not the photos.