This pattern is really super simple. It is simply a long rectangle and two squares. Neither of the pieces was long enough by itself to make the hood, so I seamed them together, right where the original has a seam. The construction of the original is very curious, and I suspect atypical of most garment construction. I modified the construction to something more appealing to me, and from what I have seen, everyone else who makes one feels the same way.
I measured around her head, as for a hat, and added seam and hem allowances. I measured over her head, shoulder to shoulder, and then down her shoulders to where I wanted the yoke to end on each side, plus seam and hem allowances. I cut my rectangle to fit these dimensions, so for my almost-4-year-old, the rectangles were 11”x 16”, which I seamed along the short sides to make a rectangle of 11”x31” (taking up 1” in the seam). I folded this in half (along the seam) and pinned it along one edge to fit it on her. I then pinned just under her chin so I could know what size to cut for the square gores. Measuring from the pin under her chin down to the bottom edge of the rectangle gave me 5”, so I cut the gores to be 5” square. Next, with the rectangle still folded in half along the seam, I stitched one edge from the seam down to the 4.5” mark where the gore would be (allowing seam allowance for both sides). I marked this point with a pin before sewing to make it easy to see where to stop stitching.